How to get rid of face and skin redness easily
Redness on the face and skin can be quite frustrating. The reasons behind the cause of this problem are Climate changes, Allergies and Rosacea. However, there are a lot of things that you can do to get rid of redness. If you are experiencing frequent redness then you need to strengthen the natural defense of the skin.
Here are some of the methods to remove redness from face and skin:
- Strengthen skin defense by using topical ingredients like cholesterol, stearic acid or glycerin.
- Increase consumption of Omega- 3 fatty acids as they play a big role in reducing skin redness.
- When selecting skin products , choose the one that suits your skin the most and does not cause any reaction.
- Regular usage of anti-inflammatory ingredients help in smoothing skin. Some of the most common ingredients are Sulfacetamide, Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, Licochalone and Sulfer.
- Avoid using Benzoyl peroxide, minty ingredients (peppermint oil, cinnamon oil or menthol), Alpha hydroxy acids, Vitamin C and any anti redness cream that has toner and hydrocortisone.
- Avoid using abrasive cleansing pillows as they are harsh to the sensitive skin. They only worsen the inflammation cycle. You can use non abrasive materials like salicylic acid to remove dead skin.
- To mask redness, try using concealer with yellow tinted effect.
- Avoid using any spa treatment like wax, sauna and steam, facials and microdermabrasion as they tend to worsen the problem. Using dermatological procedures like IPL(Intense Pulsed Light) and vascular laser treatments can remove broken blood vessels.
- You can use surgical treatments like punch grafting and laser resurfacing to treat redness on the skin however, consult an expert before opting for surgical treatments.
- Food allergy can also cause redness. Try maintaining a food diary to keep track of food you consume. Make a note in the food diary when your face is reddest and most inflamed. This will help you track food that causes redness on the skin.
Make sure to complete your treatment advised by the dermatologist. Incomplete treatment can lead to return of redness on the skin and face.